It seems like in the summer dinner parties crop up at the last minute. Maybe it is the longer days that inspire people to linger over dinner with friends. I’ve learned to always volunteer to bring desserts because it’s the easiest thing to make! The following recipe can be pulled together in just a few minutes. Plus it’s light and healthy, which everyone seems to appreciate during swimsuit season.
- 1 small fresh melon (cantaloupe is my favorite)
- 2 Cups mixed fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, chopped strawberries)
- ½ oz sweet liquor (I like liquor 43)
- Wash the melon, slice it in half and hollow out the seeds in the center
- Wash and dry the berries
- Put the melon halves on a serving platter and fill the centers with the assorted berries
- Drizzle the liquor over the top of the fruits.
- Slice the melons into wedges and serve with whipped cream!