Believe it or not, I’m going on vacation!! My sister is treating me to 5 days in St. Lucia. (I don’t actually know where that is, but I’m packing the sunscreen and aloe!) I have so much to do. I have been so busy at work that I haven’t even had time to pack. I’m nervous about leaving. I’m not sure if I’m nervous about being missed, or about NOT being missed! I have never been on vacation while the restaurant is open…
Anyway, all that to say, that I am leaving you with the fruit salsa recipe I have been promising. I am also leaving you to the blogging skills of my good friend, Reid Johnson. He is a fabulous drink concoctor. I make him shake me up a chocolate martini every time he comes over for dinner! His recipe is perfect! He’s gonna share it and some helpful hints in the days to come!
I plan to return with new food ideas from the islands. I’m sure they will inspire some fused recipes upon my return. I promise to share them all! Until next week…
- ½ Can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1 Cup diced fresh strawberries
- 1 peach, diced
- ½ pint raspberries
- ½ pint blackberries
- 1-2 jalapenos, diced finely
- Salt to taste
- Combine all of the fruits together in a bowl. Add the finely diced jalapenos a little at a time to control the heat.
- Taste for seasoning and add a sprinkle of salt to bring all of the sweet and hot flavors together.
- This salsa is delicious over grilled fish or chicken or simply served with tortilla chips. You can also pour the salsa over a block of cream cheese and drizzle it with honey. Serve the cream cheese with crackers as a unique (and easy) appetizer.