Happy New Year! I hope that the holidays were nice and relaxing for everyone. I am glad to be back in the swing of things. I always enjoy the Thanksgiving/Christmas season, but I find that I miss my routine! It was kind of quiet here at The Olive Branch that week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve. What that means, is I had time to experiment. It was kind of like that show on Food TV, “Chopped.” I took a look around the kitchen to see what I could make using up the ingredients we had leftover. I created a really yummy new soup: Creamy mushroom meatball. Here is my first new recipe of the New Year!
Creamy Mushroom Meatball Soup:
- 1 quart of beef broth
- 1 family size Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 packet of Onion Soup Mix
- 1 T dried Thyme leaves
- 1t garlic powder (or granulated garlic)
- 1 small jar of sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 of a bag of frozen, fully-cooked meatballs
- In a saucepan, stir together the beef broth and the cream of mushroom soup and start to heat on medium.
- Stir in the soup mix, the thyme, and garlic.
- Bring soup to a gentle boil, then turn down the heat
- Add the meatballs and the mushrooms.
- Heat through and serve.
(It’s yummy with a little dollop of sour cream, too!)