Chocolate Chip Cookie Madness! This one was brought on by my friend Anna. She brought me a box of beautiful cupcakes from her favorite place in Houston. One of them was created to taste just like a chocolate chip cookie. It was so interesting. It really tasted like one. A very strange thing. You would think that a cookie should taste like a cookie and a cupcake should taste like a cupcake. I guess this is the best of both worlds?
Anyway… I had to try to make one for myself! How would I get the flavors and texture just right? I played around for a little bit and came up with , what I think, is a yummy result. I am posting the recipe here. So Simple. So good! Decorating them can be fun too. They would be good with chocolate or vanilla frosting and you could use chocolate chips or cookies to decorate them!
Thanks for the inspiration Anna! I love a new challenge. Hopefully you will like my version as well (or better) than your H-Town fave!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcake
1 Cup butter (softened)
1 ¼ Cup brown sugar
¾ Cup sugar
3 Cups Flour
1 Cup milk
4t baking powder
1 ½ Cups mini chocolate chips
1. In a stand mixer, cream together the butter and 2 sugars
2. Once fluffy, add the eggs and vanilla and beat until well incorporated. Be sure to scrape bowl several times
3. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt
4. Turn the mixer on low and add the flour and milk to the creamed mixture alternating between the flour mixture and the milk. Begin and end with the flour. Scrape bowl between additions.
5. Once all is incorporated, add the chocolate chips and beat just until combined.
6. Scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Once cooled, frost however you wish!