I have been working on writing the recipes for the date night class I am teaching next week. I am not very good at writing recipes. I tend to make stuff up as I go. LOL But here is the recipe for the “Drip of Honey” skewers we will be making next Friday. They are a perfect light summer appetizer for almost any meal you are serving. Great to take to parties too! Let me know how you like them!
Drip of Honey Skewers
French Bread (1/4 loaf)
1 stick softened butter
Garlic Salt (to taste)
1 block of feta (not crumbled)
1 avocado (firm side of ripe)
Cherry or grape tomatoes
1 package of wooden skewers
1/3 Cup of honey balsamic vinegar
- Slice open the French bread horizontally and butter the cut sides. Sprinkle with the garlic salt.
- Cut the buttered bread into 1” cubes and put on a cookie sheet.
- Broil the bread cubes briefly so that they are golden and toasty, but not crisp
- Slice the feta into cubes big enough to skewer
- Slice the avocado into 1”chunks and place in a bowl.
- Cut the tomatoes in ½ and place in the avocado bowl.
- Pour the vinegar over the veggies
- Now assemble your skewers: 1 piece of bread, a chunk of avocado, a feta cube, a tomato ½ and another piece of bread. Keep going until you have used all of your ingredients. Drizzle any remaining vinegar over the skewers. Serve!