I opened my eyes this morning and the first thing I realized was that I heard birds singing! It took me a moment to realize that I had been missing this sound over the past wintery months. All of a sudden, it felt like Spring was really going to happen! It’s amazing what we take for granted as background noise. It was such a cheery and hopeful sound. (Made getting out of bed a LOT easier)
Feeling refreshed and looking forward to the sunshine promised later today, I decided that I should get back into my blogging and recipe creating. We have many changes on the horizon for The Olive Branch and this will be a good place to keep everyone up to date! We will be rolling out some new menu items, freshening up our space, continuing to grow our Express concept and adding mimosas to our offerings. I like to stay busy!
For now, I will leave you with a simple, Spring-y recipe that is perfect for a weekend brunch or a quick, healthy weeknight dinner.
It is still a little too chilly for the grill and too wet to sit outside, so this one involves boiling water, but it incorporates light and fresh flavors reminiscent of Spring. So open your blinds, find the stream of sunshine, put a brightly colored potted plant in the windowsill and look forward to the colors about to break through outside! Happy Almost Spring!
Thyme Chicken Salad
- 1 pkg of Chicken Breasts
- 1 pkg (bunch) of fresh thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocadoes
- 8-16 oz Plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large sauce pot, boil the chicken breasts with 2/3 of the bunch of thyme. This will help infuse the flavor into the chicken. (about 30-40 minutes or until it is cooked all the way through)
- Shred the chicken breasts and put them into a large bowl.
- Remove the leaves from the remaining thyme and add it to the chicken.
- Dice the 2 avocadoes and add them to the chicken. Gently toss it all to combine.
- Add the lemon juice and 8 oz of the Greek yogurt. (add more yogurt if you want it creamier) Season to taste.
- Store, covered tightly, in the refrigerator!