So I tried to do a fun thing last week for my friends. I threw a “favorites” dinner! I asked each of them their favorite dish for different parts of a meal. Appetizer, Drink, salad, main course and dessert. They … Continue reading
The gut-busting battle is almost over, but we won’t stop fighting until Vitek’s Gut Pack is crowned number one in College Eats. Our local favorite has dominated each round and taken down competitors to reach the final two. Now it’s neck-in-neck to win the championship, and this round should be messy.
(photo courtesy of the Cooking Channel)
Currently the Gut Pack is leading the way by only 1.72 percent and the votes are increasing each hour! We’re rallying our Baylor Nation, Waco Community, and anyone whose ever had their gut packed with this delicious concoction of meat, cheese and beans. Our good friends at Vitek’s work hard to create a meal everyone can love and an environment that embraces our community.
We want them to take home this victory and it’s up to you to keep voting! The polls close today at 5 p.m. so go now and cast your vote for the Gut Pack! Visit the Cooking Channel’s Battle Bracket here.
Spring Break Box Lunches Every year on Baylor’s spring break my church goes on a mission trip with its college department! In the past, we always went to Juarez, Mexico. In the recent years they head to the Texas Valley. … Continue reading
Leah has been getting creative in the kitchen! Recently she’s spent time making specialized cakes for birthdays and special events. These aren’t your ordinary cakes either! The triple chocolate cake had slices so large, people could share it!
Most recently, Leah really took her talent to the next level and made a cake inspired by the Minions from Despicable me. This one was a big hit with all the kids!
Another favorite was a cake made to look like a stack of books. Classic stories, like The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Goodnight Moon were transformed into edible treats!
There was Minnie Mouse for a first birthday,
The Eagle Scout logo for an award ceremony,
and sparkly pink roses for a photo session…
Weddings bring out a different type of creativity. Elegance and whimsy fight for the stage. Here we have a stained glass masterpiece and a tribute to the Baylor Bears and all things green and gold!. (YOTB)
They almost look too good to eat! If you’re interested in having one of these creations call the Olive Branch today. Leah loves spending time perfecting these cakes and making ideas come to life. Plus, your taste buds will be begging for more!
We recently read an article from Fox Sports about one of our very own, Coach Scott Drew of the Men’s Basketball team at Baylor. As we read, we noticed Coach Drew was eating in a downtown Cafe where he takes all of his recruits– but it wasn’t us! Now, we’re determined to get one of our favorite BU coaches into the cafe to show him what a delicious menu we have to offer. Coach Drew, come support your local Baylor Alum and see the Top 10 reasons why you should:
- Leah’s first favorite Baylor basketball player was Aaron Bruce (because he ate our chicken pesto sandwich). We’ve been fans for a while!
- Other Baylor Coaches can’t get enough of our food. Just ask Coach Melton!
- All of our food is prepared and cooked fresh as the orders come in.
- We have so many different flavors of homemade cupcakes, cake balls, and cookies, you can try a new one every day!
- We are Best of Waco’s Soups and Salads since 2009– that’s hard to beat!
- You can try our pancakes in four different flavors! The batter cooks up light and fluffy, making the perfect bite.
- We’re Bears supporting Bears! One of the Baylor alum that owns and manages the Café witnessed the game in College Station that went into five overtimes & the Elite Eight game in Houston. We’ve been here through it all!
- Our delicious coffee blends are bottomless all day for only $2!
- Every Saturday morning we feature a different flavored French Toast. It’s soaked in our own special custard, cooked to perfection and topped with powdered sugar.
- Leah has shown her love for the Basketball team. She’s embarrassed herself by running up to Anthony Jones to tell him she was his biggest fan, and once wrote her blog about how she would make special pancakes for Pierre Jackson if he came in.
See Coach Drew, how can you resist us?
Below: some of our Baylor memorabilia that hangs in the Cafe. Sic ‘Em!